N0. 1 Blog for Literary Openings, Gadgets and News in Nigeria

Literary Openings, Gadgets and News in Nigeria | Duketundesblog: Minecraft inventor hates being a billionaire

Monday 31 August 2015

Minecraft inventor hates being a billionaire

Billionaire programmer and inventor of Minecraft computer game, Markus Persson, 35, claims he's never felt more isolated since selling his company Mojong AB to microsoft for £1.5billion.
The Swede launched the hit computer game in 2009, in which players can build an entire world using retro-looking blocks.

In a series of a downhearted tweets, the Swede with 2.46million followers on twitter spoke of how he disliked his new-found wealth and felt unchallenged and empty.



He wrote: 'The problem with getting everything is you run out of reasons to keep trying, and human interaction becomes impossible due to imbalance.
Persson has a personal fortune of around £1billion, according to Forbes estimates.


‘I don’t want to be a symbol, responsible for something huge that I don’t understand, that I don’t want to work on, that keeps coming back to me.

‘I’m not an entrepreneur. I’m not a CEO. I’m a nerdy computer programmer who likes to have opinions on Twitter.’

The tweets went on: 'When we sold the company, the biggest effort went into making sure the employees got taken care of, and they all hate me now.
His next tweet, however, appeared slightly more upbeat. He wrote: 'People who made sudden success are telling me this is normal and will pass. That's good to know! I guess I'll take a shower then!'
Checkout his $70million Beverly hills Mansion


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting DTB today, Your opinion counts, Please drop your comments, opinion and advise in the comment section. Thanks again and don't forget to bookmark us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...