N0. 1 Blog for Literary Openings, Gadgets and News in Nigeria

Literary Openings, Gadgets and News in Nigeria | Duketundesblog: IBB Speaks out on his illness, debunks rumor of his death

Monday 25 April 2016

IBB Speaks out on his illness, debunks rumor of his death

According to Naij, ex-military head of state General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida (Rtd) has debunked rumours of him being bedridden or dead, stating that he knows he "must go and meet God".

The former head of state broke his silence on his illness over the weekend.

While strongly stating that he is not incapacitated, Babangida also said that nobody is above illness and that he is at peace with what God has destined.


"It is true I have minimised my appearance at public functions because of my ill health, but not to the level of incapacitation as being widely circulated in some media.

"For me, it doesn’t shock me neither bother me because I know I must go and meet God my Creator," he added.

"There is nothing really to worry about, my religion has told me."

IBB, as he is affectionately known, also expressed belief in the dreams of Nigerians, saying that the future is bright for those who work hard and have hope in the country.

In 2014 Babangida spent two months in Germany while receiving treatment.

His son, Muhammed, also recently confirmed his father's illness, disclosing that he had undergone surgery and is currently in recovery.

Source: Naij

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting DTB today, Your opinion counts, Please drop your comments, opinion and advise in the comment section. Thanks again and don't forget to bookmark us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...