N0. 1 Blog for Literary Openings, Gadgets and News in Nigeria

Literary Openings, Gadgets and News in Nigeria | Duketundesblog: Veteran's service dog acts as best man on his special day

Tuesday 6 October 2015

Veteran's service dog acts as best man on his special day

Guest at a wedding last Saturday at the Bayou Club in Florida responded with a kind of simultaneous 'aww', When a U.S Army veteran Justin Lansford choose an unlikely best friend as his best man on his special day.


Justin got married to his long-term girlfriend Carol Balmes on Saturday and his best man wasn't a man at all...but his 4-year-old golden retriever service dog, Gabe.


Gabe was assigned Lansford as his service dog after he suffered an injury from an IED while serving in Afghanistan, ABC reports. 
"We struck an IED and it flipped my truck completely. I had bilaterally severed femurs which resulted in the amputation of my left leg," Lansford told ABC. 
Lansford, who now has a prosthetic leg, says that Gabe aids him in his day-to-day life.
"He helps me with one thing to the next. I can use him as a stable surface to lean on, as I get to and from the ground," Lansford told ABC. "If I fall, he'll come up running next to me and I can use him to push off of to get up off the ground."

1 comment:

  1. Oyinbo people with their way of life eehn! Only them understand

    Bolateethole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting DTB today, Your opinion counts, Please drop your comments, opinion and advise in the comment section. Thanks again and don't forget to bookmark us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...