N0. 1 Blog for Literary Openings, Gadgets and News in Nigeria

Literary Openings, Gadgets and News in Nigeria | Duketundesblog: Belgian Journalist sexually assaulted live on air in Cologne

Friday 5 February 2016

Belgian Journalist sexually assaulted live on air in Cologne

A Belgian journalist has told how drunken German yobs whispered 'would you sleep with me tonight' into her ear and then sexually assaulted her live on air.

Esmeralda Labye had been unaware of the young men making obscene gestures behind her back as she reported live from the Cologne carnival - where more than 2,000 police had been drafted in following multiple sexual assaults in the city over New Year's Eve.
But while the New Year's Eve assaults have been largely blamed on a mob of young migrant men, the assault on Ms Labye was carried out by Germans. 


The shocking incident took place in the Alter Markt district of town as she appeared on air for the one o'clock news for Radio Télévision Belge de la Communauté Française (RTBF).


Speaking exclusively to MailOnline, she said: ‘The cameraman and I could tell there were a lot of drunk people around. Even someone with flu would have been able to smell the alcoholic fumes.
‘When I started my broadcast at 1.14pm, two or three men monopolised attention. I didn’t see them, as I was focusing on my live broadcast and they were behind me.
‘I got a kiss on the back of the neck. It was women’s day in Cologne, and there was a lot of kissing. In this context I wasn’t worried, so I continued my report.

Source: DailyMail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting DTB today, Your opinion counts, Please drop your comments, opinion and advise in the comment section. Thanks again and don't forget to bookmark us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...